Thursday, May 2, 2013

How to get rid of PVC'S (Premature Ventricular Contractions)

I used to have the worst PVC's EVEEEER.  And if you're reading this, then you're probably haunted, too.  This all came about, after the passing of my Mom.  She had a bout with cancer that had metastasized, and as you might guess, these were the worse days of my life.

Thus came about a series of medical problems.  It started with GERD that tortured me.  And then I realized that if I simply stopped eating gluten, it would go away. 

Then next, out of nowhere, came this crazy PVC condition.  It would occur right before bed.  And it would wake me up.  The first time I had it, no kidding, I called up my Dad and my brother, and I started crying.  I told them "Goodbye" from the ER room. 

The doctors tried to prescribe me medication.  But I'd have none of that.  I'm too young.  I'm only in my thirties.  So I went home.  And they said everything was "normal" and that I'd be fine.  This was fine?  Talk about being punched in the chest!  This is normal

Anyway.  This want on for about half a year.  And then, I started visualizing it going away.  I made pacts with God.  I begged him to please make the torture stop.  Listen - I'm not telling you how to do this, I'm just telling you my process.  And being a scientist, and to be asking God for help - well, that shows you the level of suffering I was in!  (Not that scientists can't be spiritual, ha ha!).

But it was important to visualize, as well, I feel.  To help survive the experience I was also doing biofeedback.  But nothing was cutting to the chase like what I'm about to tell you.  I'm about to tell you something that completely changed my life.  And here is the magic formula, for me:

Swimming.  Freestyle.  As soon as I went swimming, it went away.  And I knew, I'd never have my problem again.  You have got to understand - I was tortured for over half a year.  And after 20 minutes of freestyle in the pool, it went away.  Also, realize - I had tried other forms of exercise.  I had jogged, which only seemed to bring the PVC's on, for instance. 

But swimming, I believe, it's the breathing itself that somehow is stimulating the vegus nerve.  For those of you who hate swimming, try the elliptical, or jog instead, and try pretending like you are freestyle swimming.  There is a bizarre breathing pattern, here, that you will need to imitate - and some of this has to do with holding your breath.

My friend who has the same condition as me hates the water.  And so he is on a plethora of drugs, to this day, with his PVC's.  I'm like, "Go see a therapist, get over your hydrophobia, and then fix your PVC'S."

Anyway, this is how I beat it.  I'm back again.  Thank you God, Mom, and swimming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment